GelQuest carries out the following main steps:
· Import of raw or processed fingerprint data (trace files and gel images).
· Thus, GelQuest can combine fingerprint data from different sources, e.g. the results of
· a run on a Licor sequencer with those ones of an ABI sequencer or on a slab gel.
· Processing of the raw data: smoothing, baselining.
· Peak detection: recognition of the band pattern
· Size calibration and the definition of new size standard templates.
· Visualisation of the trace data in various formats:
· Trace view, greyscale and color pseudogel
· Scale by datapoints or by base size
· View raw or processed data
· Highlight or hide peak locations
· Automatic generation of bins and hypberbins (superbins)
· Automatic creation of a 01 matrix.